Starbucks’ New Fall Drink Stirring Controversy

Like its drink, the Iced Apple Crisp Oat Milk Shaken Espresso is a very layered name. This

Ad for The Iced Apple Crisp Oat Milk Shaken Espresso

newest Shaken Espresso is Starbucks’ newest seasonal drink, it was introduced on August 24th with the rest of the returning drinks and it was not my favorite. 

This newest addition has made it onto the consversal Starbucks drinks list, followed by all the oil drinks that were introduced this past spring. It has very split opinions from people loving it and then hating it, I felt indifferent about it.

The Shaken Espresso is a high-caffeine coffee, 2 shots served in a 1.5oz cup, while an iced shaken espresso has the same amount of espresso plus milk and syrup, served in a 12 oz cup over ice uses blonde espresso roast, and apple brown sugar pumps. A grande (16oz) of this drink is about 180 calories, 21g sugar, and 4.5g fat which is on the lower end. 

A bonus on this drink is it’s typically served with oat milk so it’s easier on the stomach so it’s a very light drink.

While tasting this drink, my first impression was that it tasted like cinnamon baby puffs that most people like, but it wasn’t my favorite. When I first tried it, I thought it was weirdly refreshing tasting and tasted like a fall candle. It leaves an aftertaste that tastes better than the actual drink in my opinion. There was far too much going on. 

I was able to finish the drink, but it wasn’t something I’d ever order again. The drink didn’t take too long to be made and didn’t do that separation thing some Starbucks drinks do when they sit out. 

I did enjoy how it wasn’t too sweet, but it was almost a salty-tasting drink which led to it being savory somehow. I’d recommend this to someone who likes fun drinks or likes a very 

flavor-packed coffee almost to the point of not even tasting much coffee in some sips. An immediate turn-off was that this drink had a pool of syrup at the bottom that wouldn’t mix like regular syrup or caramel that most Starbucks drinks have.

Overall, the drink wasn’t horrible, but I would give this drink a ⅗ star rating. If someone asked me what they should get at Starbucks, this wouldn’t be something I would recommend.