The Student News Site of Canyon Hills High School

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Weightlifting Club Under New Presidency; What Does This Mean For The Club?

The weightlifting club has been a prominent force in the school’s club demographic for a while now, especially

Weight rack in the weight room (Savannah Richard)

last year when it was led by a now-graduated senior. It’s a club where the name really tells you the bulk of the activity; weightlifting. Now, though, the club has been inherited by senior Eduardo Morales-Najera. Morales-Najera plans to keep the club as it is but hopes to expand the number of members. 

¨When I joined it was pretty full, there were a lot of seniors though. So when they all graduated it left the club pretty empty.¨ Morales-Najera says.

The president also had little to no gym experience before joining the club and accredits his progressive knowledge to his participation. 

¨Before I joined I never went to the gym and didn’t really have a lot of motivation for it.¨ Morales says ¨but when I joined, I loved it, it really got me into going and learning what would benefit me the most.¨

Despite the president’s content attitude towards the club’s population, he welcomes and embraces them. 

¨I like the people we have now, but we are always open to new members, in fact I WANT more members¨ The club president says ¨Last year it was so lively and energetic, I miss that¨

So, if you want to join a club that encourages self improvement and a strongly bonded environment, join the weightlifting club! They meet every [day] afterschool in the weight room.