Yearbook Pricing Increase

Yearbook Pricing Increase

Yearbook prices have increased in the last two years and the students want answers. 

Yearbook prices increased more than 17% this school year surprising students and calling into question whether they can afford such a large purchase.

In past years students have expressed a disinterest in the yearbook prices, but never enough to speak out about them, but with the unofficial release of the school yearbook price students have begun to see a pattern in the rising cost.

The price of yearbooks has jumped from 95$, (21,22 to 115$ (23-24). 

(Ms. Nelson’s statement on why)

An initial suspicion was the rise in cost translated to labor and would reflect in the yearbook’s quality showcasing the 2022-2023 school year, but many students disagreed with that claim, even a student who is in the

Ralph Berry

yearbook. 

Senior Matthew Krause says, “Rise in expense hasn’t led to a better book and frankly students were overworked”.

The quality difference in the 2021-2022 yearbook and 2022-2023 yearbook were not noted and can’t be told apart quality-wise. The book was even referred to as the worst in recent years by the current 2024 seniors. 

Senior Manett Gonzalez stated, “It does not connect to students like they used to”. 

This idea of having an interactive yearbook is something that students like Senior Manett Gonzalez enjoyed and felt was taken away even with the price increase. Also, with the price increase it slowly starts closing it off for the students that don’t have 110$+ to spend on a yearbook. 

In connection to that, Senior Manett Gonzalez says, “These are memories students want but can’t afford”.

(Yearbook student that likes the yearbook)

The yearbook price increase may not affect everyone; the people who are being affected are speaking up.