The Student News Site of Canyon Hills High School

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

CHHS Boys Volleyball Dominates in Their First Home Game

Last night, February 28th, Canyon Hills’ Boys volleyball team played against El Capitan High School, winning with a score of 3-0. This victory was followed by their 2nd place victory in the titanium division.

Outside Hitter Senior Declan Noriega feels this is just the beginning to what is going to be an amazing season for the Rattlers.

“I was nervous getting on the court for the first time this season but once we started playing the butterflies flew away and we played a great game” say Noriega

Opposite Senior Jayce Lay was excited to begin the season again, this being his third year playing volleyball, this year being his first season on the varsity team.

“Our volleyball team has always been good, last year we just barely didn’t make CIF. This year will be different though, I have high hopes.” Lay says

Besides the pride of playing their sport in their home court, the game was also entertaining, despite the wipe out of winning three in a row. Junior Jaiden Whitaker was so entertained, that she plans on attending more volleyball games- as well as more sports events held by the school.

“Seeing how exciting the people in the stands were made me more motivated to watch and be a part of what was happening on the court” Whitaker said excitedly.

I too was in the stands and was thoroughly entertained by the game. I’ve always attended a fair amount of sporting events at the school but find that as volleyball is the most easy to understand, it’s also the most fun for me to watch.
March 6th is the teams next game, against El Capitan again, and their next home game is to be decided. Show up and spread some school spirit!

The Boys volleyball team ending their huddle to get back into the game, right before their game ending victory. (Savannah Richard)