How Do Seniors Feel About Starting Their Last Semester?

With many seniors coming to face their final semester as high school students, there are a multitude of things to keep in mind when thinking about our futures. College decisions are to be released in March, school is coming to an end, and we’ll be forced to depart from the bubbles many of us have been comfortable living in. All of this change seems to be happening at once, and for the class of 2024 it’s hard not to feel like you’re reaching the end of your childhood within these next few months. 

Seniors can begin the process of customizing their graduation caps and preparing for what it means to be an adult fresh out of high school. (Canyon Hills High School)

Fellow class of ‘24 peer, Aiden Meyers, describes his feelings toward a rapidly approaching end to the year as “bittersweet”. Noting that he is relieved to be over with his finals which have caused much stress, and further ready to indulge in the fun activities that lie ahead in his next semester.

“More than anything, I’m trying to find the time between work and school to make as many memories with my friends as possible, before we all have to go our separate ways.” 

Another big concern for seniors at the moment is attendance. Knowing that we are prohibited from walking with excessive amount of absences or tardies is enough motivation to keep us in class! Thankfully, there are many opportunities through Saturday school left in the year to clear these and meet our requirements.

Aside from Saturday school, there are a multitude of other times to embrace our friends within this second semester. We have school dances, senior sunset, prom, and gradnite still to look forward to. The class looks forward to ASB and class advisor’s announcements for the details to these events, seeing as we all would like to make the most of what we have left of this year.