The Student News Site of Canyon Hills High School

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Class Spotlight: Tech Theatre encourages creative craftsmanship and building a community to create theater shows for our campus

With a wide selection of pathways that are offered to take, it often becomes a challenge for students to choose one that they might enjoy taking for multiple years to fill their schedules. VAPA programs such as multimedia production, photography, graphic design, and more are all different routes that students might take interest in, but equally so with tech theater class.

Seniors Jennifer Garcia and Julia Dumont rehearse line during Tech Theatre to prepare for upcoming Spelling Bee shows.

Ran by Ms. Cantalupo, tech theater has students work with others to make props and sets for the school’s upcoming productions. The class also has students rehearse and practice lines for the upcoming shows.

Tech theater has become one of the most favorable classes on campus with students appreciating its leniency to balance from the stress of other classes while also being able to work and sit with friends.

Senior David Lorenzo stated “It’s a chill class, we get to do a lot of things that help up distress from all the other classes we got, I’m able to balance my work from other classes and be able to finish things I wouldn’t be able to do in my own time”.

Tech theater embraces creative minds and leadership and also allows those with acting and performing art career interests to be able to have a starting point where this experience can help them. 

Senior Eduardo Morales-Najera said “ I kinda want to do something like this in the future where I’m like helping others create something they are passionate about, and so its cool that I get the chance to do that,”.

The Tech Theatre pathway is an underrated class for students to take that I highly recommend others to join and be able to have an impact on the school.