With spring sports right around the corner, here’s what to look forward to for the CHHS spring athletics

Canyon Hills spring sports, the most popular season, is right around the corner and here is what to look for going into the biggest athletic season here at CHHS. 

Our Rattlers Softball field after weekend of field prep.

After some big losses last season with the now graduated seniors, this year’s baseball team is looking to be better than ever. This year’s team will consist of many sophomores and juniors who have been a part of this Rattler squad for a couple of years now. With a couple of big games coming up against Kearney High School and Mission Bay, the baseball team here at Canyon Hills is looking to have a great year especially after the rough season they had last year.

Boys volleyball will have a meeting in the CHHS gymnasium after school on the 5th of February for anybody interested in trying out for the JV and or Varsity team. This meeting will be to discuss and provide all who attend with everything you will need to know about tryouts, dates, times, things like that. Coach Taylor, our boys varsity coach, will be in charge and leading this meeting. She encourages all that are interested to please come and participate because we are always looking for new players. We hope to see you there. 

Girls Lacrosse is looking to have a better year after last year’s .500 winning percentage. After losing senior Audrey Ritchie and Lindsey Griffin, this girls lacrosse team is trying to find their way in Division II. They were on the brink of making the playoffs but this year they are also looking to make a run at least making it into the playoffs. This year’s junior heavy team is ready to go as they are trying to make one last hurrah for this year’s seniors. The hope is that this team can go out with a bang to help this hopeful strong season carry into next year’s season. 

Softball here at Canyon Hills is going to look a little different after this year especially because there are at least 7 seniors graduating this year who have been a part of this team since their freshman year. Now that this Rattler softball team is Division II they are looking to make an impact and hopefully stay at the D2 level for a while. Not only that, they are looking to make a run in CIF this year after back to back play-in CIF losses at the Division 3 level. They will play tougher teams such as Mission Vista, Mira Mesa, and Helix. This year’s team and season will be one to remember.