The Student News Site of Canyon Hills High School

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Why you should visit the Tierrasanta Library

As soon as I walked in I was met with a friendly smile from the woman behind the front desk. Believe it or not, the library, yes the public library, was oddly homey.

The Tierrasanta Library is a staple in the Tierrasanta community.

The rain was coming down the first time I walked to the library from school, which logs at about 11 minutes. My first impression of the charming librarian was someone making sure I wasn’t going to freeze. After I’d thawed a bit, she asked me if I was going to need to use any of the computers or rent anything.

“Perhaps a book?” she said. 

I declined and let her know I was just here for a quiet place to get some work done. She let me know there wasn’t any eating or drinking and that I could find a seat anywhere. 

I took in the scene. There were more people in the library than I was expecting. There were two different groups of kids from the school there sitting and talking. I found a quiet table towards the back and got settled with my computer and the material I was tasked with reading for English. As I started to work I slowly felt myself becoming more comfortable. Something about the environment made it really easy to get work done and be productive but why? 

Maybe it was the familiar faces of people from my school or the friendly staff. Whatever it may have been, it made the experience very positive, for this had been my first time visiting the Tierrasanta Public Library. Many other students already know what it has to offer though.

“I don’t know why more people don’t go,” said senior Gavin Britt. “It’s really close just down the road from the school.”

The library is open Monday through Saturday and closed on Sundays, they open up at either 9:30 am or 11:30 am depending on the day of the week and they close between 6 pm and 8 pm also depending on the day. 

Some upcoming events at the Library are San Diego History Through Music – Live Concert open to all ages, Teen Arts and Crafts and Lego Club open to all ages.

Visiting the library to rent a book or just study somewhere quiet is something I recommend all CHHS students try at least once. Gavin Britt one of the seniors at CHHS says