Clubs around Campus: Caesar Chavez club

The Cesar Chavez Club at our school is incredible. Named after a remarkable advocate for fairness and rights, these clubs serve as a central space for discussing equality, rights, and ways to improve our community.

Caesar Chavez Club held an inclusive Dia De Los Muertos event on campus in October. (Jayce Lay)

What’s impressive is that they don’t just talk, they take action. They organize events, bring in speakers, and plan activities aimed at enhancing our school and supporting people. Sometimes, they fundraise for causes or engage in volunteer work to benefit our local community. It’s all about making a positive impact and standing up for what’s just.

Among the club’s highlights is their ability to unite students. It’s a welcoming space where everyone, regardless of their background, feels included. These clubs celebrate our diversity and promote understanding among us. This sense of belonging turns our school into a close-knit family.

Moreover, the clubs educate us about history and various cultures. Their events shed light on the struggles and valuable contributions of individuals from diverse backgrounds. It’s exciting because we get to learn things that aren’t always covered in our regular classes.

Being a part of these clubs goes beyond joining a group; they help us grow as leaders and understand how we can make a positive impact on our world. They demonstrate the power of unity and caring for one another to create meaningful change. Overall, they play a significant role in improving both our school and community.