The Retirement Plan Review

Drama, suspense, Comedy. All in one. What movie can cover all those topics? The Retirement plan. It may be more of an unintentionally funny movie instead of drama or suspense, but it covers those feeds. The retirement plan stars Golden Globe Winner Nicholas Cage, Ashley Green, and many more.

People might say it’s not worth paying to watch it or craze over it and I think that’s true. In my own opinion, it’s a funny movie rather than a serious movie. It seemed like other people thought that as well since when I went to watch it at the theaters there were only 3 other couples. 

Oscar winning Nicholas Cage stars in new comedy movie that leaves critiques unsatisfied

The movie consists of Ashley and her daughter turning to Matt, her estranged beach bum father, to help escape a ruthless crime boss. Just like many people, you would probably think it’s a very interesting movie. It is not. Many thought the same too. 

The retirement plan has received a rating of 5.1/10 and 64% on Rotten Tomatoes. This is the main reason why it isn’t talked about much. It has one of the worst movie plots of all time. It goes from a serious movie where you are very intrigued to having time to get something to eat and not have to worry about missing something important. It comes off as a very low budget such as the acting being very monotone. The actors seemed like they were just randomly selected for a movie. It seemed to not be funny enough to be a comedy and not adventurous enough to be an action movie. 

In my opinion, I thought it was an alright movie. There weren’t any shocking moments that would make you say wow. It was funny but in a way where you would laugh at how dumb and unserious the movie was. I would catch myself drifting away and also pulling out my phone to go on because of how boring it started to get.

I wouldn’t recommend going crazy over this movie and having high expectations but it is a good movie to watch with a partner if you’re bored or don’t have anything to do. The Retirement Plan does well in being a light-hearted movie. I just wish it was more of a theatrical movie rather than a streaming movie forced into the theaters.