Canyon Hills is rebuilding school culture

leader in me logo

Leader in Me

Logo for Leader in Me, a Educational Leadership Program available around the U.S.

Leader In Me is an organization working on “Empowering education communities with leadership and life skills”. Canyon Hills’ Student Culture Club is working to achieve their own goal on campus.

leader in me logo
(Leader in Me)

The Student Culture Club or SCC is a brand new club on campus this year. It’s a branch of Leader In Me, and focuses on helping students succeed in and out of highschool and build connections.

“A big part of that is we’re implementing the seven habits of success to help students practice healthy and successful habits,” said SCC member Brookelynne Turner said.

SCC plans to bring students together with booths at school movie nights and presenting to classes.

“All we’re trying to do is create a better culture at Canyon Hills,” Board Member Venassa Orlina stated.

SCC describes themselves as a club for “student leaders who want to help instill principles of collective kindness, appreciation, academic success and integrity”. Hopefully, as SCC begins to garner more attention, students will have more opportunities to learn about the club and tips to succeed themselves.

The SCC has not yet held any meetings, but will likely meet in Room 1022 with club advisor Mr. Snedden. For further information or updates, refer to the Leader In Me website, or check out the clubs’ social media account: @chhs_scc