Class of 2025 To Do

2025 Junior Elliot Macias working hard preparing for college essays. (Mia Webster)

The class of 2025 is finally in the hot seat, after losing our 8th-grade year we are now the big 12th-graders. Senior year might be intimidating and it is. Some things I plan to do to prepare myself for my senior year are listed as such.

First, I plan on mapping out potential college I plan on applying to. Some ways ill be doing this is by talking with my parents deeply researching schools for potential majors and finding scholarships.

Also taking or scheduling the SAT if you haven’t taken it or were unhappy with your score. I also plan on working on sharpening my reading skills to prevent a big fallback coming into the fall semester of my senior year. I hope to have the most relaxing school year I can. 

Something that I would recommend focusing on this summer is getting your driver’s license if you already don’t have it. It’s gonna make your senior year a lot better by being able to drive around and drive your friends. Also, driving is gonna be very useful when you go to college so you are not stranded when you get to your college. 

If you plan on taking the brunt of your college tuition maybe getting a job this summer will be beneficial or working internships. If you don’t need to pay a large majority I wouldn’t recommend getting a job all summer. We are still kids and we should be enjoying it to the fullest. 

To go along with what I just said you should be enjoying the last pure summer of your childhood. Yes, we have 3 more summer breaks after this one but this is the last of them in high school living with your parents (or whoever), and being a carefree kid. Spend this summer sleeping until 12 pm and spending your nights with your friends running around. Also, try to spend time with family.