The Student News Site of Canyon Hills High School

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Canyon Hills Chronicle

Kane Brown In The Air Tour: Review

Kane Brown, one of the most decorated and popular country music artists, has been on tour since March and I got the opportunity to go see him in Las Vegas on May 18th at T-Mobile Arena. Let’s just say he didn’t disappoint at all.

I have been a big fan of Kane Brown since he broke out in 2016 with his number one hits “Heaven” and “What Ifs feat. Lauren Alaina,” since then I have loved all of his music. I am probably the biggest Kane Brown fan you will ever meet. I have been trying to see Kane for over 5 years, and I finally got the opportunity this last weekend in Las Vegas at T-Mobile Arena. I bought these tickets in September under artist presale for really cheap, and the seats we were in were absolutely phenomenal for only $75. These same seats were over $200 the day of the concert.

Kane had two openers, Parmalee, and former Florida Georgia Line member, Tyler Hubbard. These two were incredible openers. I really loved Parmalee, some of my favorite country songs are actually by them such as “Just the Way” and “Take My Name”. I also really loved Tyler Hubbard, he not only sang some of his own songs that were already released but also some unreleased songs, along with some of his best hits like “Meant to Be feat Bebe Rexha” and “Cruise”, if you ever have the chance to see these two in concert, I definitely recommend. 

Now as far as Kane’s performance, I loved it so much. I have been a fan since day one and as soon as the setlist came out for this concert, I started to listen to it. He opened up with “Bury Me in Georgia”, but right before he started performing they staff at the arena put a cloth box around the stage because Kane wanted to surprise fans when the curtain dropped. The anticipation killed me, I had no clue what he could have done but let me tell you he surprised everyone. He was on a platform that came from the top of the arena, it was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. As soon as Kane came down and started performing, I started crying. I was just in shock, he is my favorite artist, and the fact that I was seeing him live just made it even better especially since I had been trying to see him for over 5 and a half years. 

He then performed the songs “One Thing Right”, his most popular song

Hal’e Martin at Kane Brown’s “In The Air” Tour in Las Vegas at T-Mobile Arena (Hal’e Martin)

“What Ifs”, “Grand”, and then the song that inspired the name of this tour “I Can Feel It”. The name of his tour is “In The Air” and in his song “I Can Feel It” he says “I can feel it in the air”, that phrase in the song inspired him to name this tour the “In The Air Tour”. These performances were incredible, I also really enjoyed how much he interacted with the fans in the pit.

He was high-fiving them and signing things. Then he played one of my favorite songs, “Fiddle In The Band”, that was probably my favorite song he performed. He then started to perform “One Mississippi” where he interacted with fans, he got off stage and started high-fiving fans as he was performing the song and as he made his way to his additional platform closer to where my seats were at. I will say I got really excited because where he was walking it looked like he would be walking up to my section, if that was the case, I seriously do not know what I would do. But he didn’t end up coming to our section, but he was still really close. After “One Mississippi”, he performed a cover of the song “Georgia On My Mind” which was originally written by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell in 1930. As Kane is a Georgia native, he tries to tribute songs to his home state, just like the song “Bury Me In Georgia”. He also sung “Homesick” which is a tribute song to all of the people in the military who are homesick when they are deployed. 

One of the coolest parts of the show was definitely when Kane performed his newest song “Miles On It” with Marshmello. Everyone was expecting him to perform the song, but no one expected Marshmello to be on tour with Kane! During the performance, Marshmello came out on stage and helped Kane perform the song. During the song there were confetti cannons that also released shirts during the song. Kane then sung songs such as “Good As You” which is a great song and then sung his most popular song off of his most recent album, “Thank God” which featured his wife Katelyn Brown. She was unable to perform the song on stage as she is 8 months pregnant with their first son, but that is where Kane not only had a pre-recorded part where Katelyn would normally sing, but also had the audience sing her part of the song. He then performed “Lose It” and another popular song “Famous Friends” which normally would feature Chris Young, but he wasn’t in Vegas so Kane had the openers, Tyler Hubbard and Parmalee, perform Chris Young´s part of the song. 

Kane then had 4 songs left, and these were great songs. They were “Be Like That”, “Memory”, another extremely popular song of his “Heaven” and my favorite song from him, “Like I Love Country Music”. The way he performed these songs was incredible. I really loved his performance of “Like I Love Country Music”. He performed it very similar to how he sung and danced in the music video for that song. The concert ended with Kane taking his shirt off, throwing it into the pit, and also gave away his ear piece to a fan in the pit, walked off stage and then his guitarist and fiddler continued to play the end of the song, that is how the concert ended. 

I was able to talk to my friend Sydney Karpman, who attends Del Norte High School about Kane Brown and how his music has impacted her. She is planning to go and see Brown when he is in Los Angeles this August. “I would go see Kane live just because I enjoy his music and any country concerts in general. It’s so much fun to scream to songs like ‘Bury Me In Georgia’ and ‘I Can Feel It’ with your best friends so I don’t really care who is performing I will go see them if they are anywhere close and always invite friends who are fans of the artists’ music.”

The only slight critique I have for Kane’s performance is that it did take a little bit of time in between some songs for him to then perform the next. He also didn’t really connect with his fans except right before he sung his song “Memory” and right before he sung “Thank God”.

My parents saw him at Stagecoach last year as he was a headliner, and when they saw him, they thought he was the worst headliner at the entire festival. They absolutely hated him. My mom went with me this last weekend and she liked him this time around much more than at Stagecoach.

I give this concert overall a 9.5 out of 10. This not only was my first concert ever, but I have to say, Kane Brown is a great performer. Any time I have the opportunity to see him again on tour, I absolutely will. He is just so good at what he does and you never know what he is going to do which leaves fans a little surprised when he does what he does. 

If you ever have the chance to go see Kane live as a country music fan, I definitely recommend it, some of the best money you will ever spend, and you are left with a night you won’t forget. I can tell you right now, seeing Kane Brown is a night I will never forget.