With NCAA Softball Regionals, here are the 10-must watch players and regions

Softball regionals, one of my most favorite parts of spring/summer of every year, this is the best time of the year for division 1 softball fans and players as we are just a couple of weeks away from the biggest softball tournament of the year, the Women’s College World Series. With this event being a couple of weeks away, here are your 2024 regions, and top 10 players to watch up until the World Series.

The national seedings were released on Sunday, May 12th, and there were a couple of teams that got a regional, that were not really expected to. All of the first 16 teams I am about to talk about not only got seeded into the top 16, but with that they also received their own regional. To start off, the Texas Longhorns got the number 1 seed over the 2023 National Champs, the Oklahoma Sooners. Oklahoma received the 2 seed, and the Tennessee Lady Volunteers from good-ole Rocky Top, got the 3 seed. The SEC Champion Florida Gators received the 4 seed, while the Oklahoma State Lady Cowgirls received the 5 seed. With the way UCLA started off the 2024 season, many fans were not expecting the Bruins to even finish within the top 25, but the Bruins pulled through like they have done in the past receiving the 6 seed. The Mizzou Tigers received a 7 seed, while Stanford continues to dominate, they received an 8 seed. The very exciting LSU Tigers received a 9 seed, and the Duke Blue Devils received a 10 seed. While the Georgia Bulldogs received an 11 seed, the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns received 13 seed, the Alabama Crimson Tide received a 14 seed, the Florida State Seminoles received a 15 seed, and the surprising Texas A&M Aggies received the 16 seed.

There was a list released of 10 must watch players through these regionals, and man lemme tell you, these players are extremely exciting. There is one player that was not on this list, but she will be extremely exciting to watch, she is also a part of the dominant Stanford Cardinal. This player is Ava Gall.

Ava Gall (Stanford Cardinal Softball)

First of all, Ava is a San Diego native. She grew up in Lakeside, and went to El Capitan High School where she was a 4 year varsity starter, and in her senior year was named East County Player of the Year, she owns records at El Capitan for career hits, single-season hits, and career batting average and is second in school history for career home runs, RBIs and single season batting average. Gall is an alumni of a well known travel softball organization, Firecrackers, she now is not only representing San Diego, and the Firecrackers organization, but also showing younger girls and former teammates that they can start at the Division 1 level. The best part about all of this is that Gall started almost every single game in her freshman season, and she has been a crucial part of their dominance throughout their run, and will continue to be a crucial part of this run especially if Stanford plans on making it to the World Series and winning it. This year Gall blasted 9 home runs, had 30 RBIs, and hit .267 in 55 games as a freshman. Starting 55 games as a freshman at a Division 1 program is not very common, but Gall made sure the coaching staff at Stanford had no other option than to have her be in the game. Ava Gall is definitely someone to watch over these next three years.

Now for the top 10 must watch players in the 2024 NCAA Regionals…

Reese Atwood, C/1B, Texas Longhorns

Reese Atwood (Texas Longhorns Softball)

Reese Atwood, a standout athlete for the Texas Longhorns softball team, emerges as a player to watch closely in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With an impressive batting average of .427 and an astounding 22 home runs this season, Atwood brings a formidable offensive presence to the plate. Her consistent ability to deliver clutch hits and drive in runs has been instrumental in the Longhorns’ success throughout her career. Additionally, Atwood’s defensive prowess and leadership on the field further underscore her significance to the team. Over the course of her career, Atwood has amassed a collection of accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an All-American. As the NCAA Regionals approach, all eyes will be on Atwood as she looks to lead the Longhorns to victory with her exceptional talent, unwavering determination, and a track record of excellence on the diamond.

Jaysoni Beachum, IF, Florida State Seminoles

Jaysoni Beachum (Florida State Seminoles Softball)

Jaysoni Beachum, a dynamic force for the Florida State Seminoles softball team, is undoubtedly a player poised for greatness in the forthcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With a stellar .436 batting average and an impressive 15 home runs throughout the season, Beachum is a potent offensive threat capable of changing the course of any game. Her remarkable speed and base-running prowess have consistently put pressure on opposing defenses, making her a key asset for the Seminoles. Beyond her statistical achievements, Beachum boasts an illustrious career, having garnered multiple accolades, including All-American honors and recognition as the ACC Player of the Year. Her leadership on and off the field, coupled with her exceptional skill set, makes her a player to watch as she aims to lead the Seminoles to victory in the NCAA Regionals and further solidify her status as one of the most outstanding players in collegiate softball.

Maya Brady, SS, UCLA Bruins

Maya Brady (UCLA Bruins Softball)

Maya Brady, an electrifying force for the UCLA Bruins softball team, is undoubtedly a player to keep a close eye on in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With an extraordinary .403 batting average and a staggering 15 home runs throughout the season, Brady’s offensive prowess is nothing short of remarkable. Her ability to consistently deliver clutch hits and drive in runs has propelled the Bruins to numerous victories. Not only is Brady a powerhouse at the plate, but she’s also a defensive stalwart, showcasing exceptional skills in the outfield. As a testament to her stellar performance, Brady has earned multiple season accolades, including being named the Pac-12 Player of the Year and garnering All-American honors. With her remarkable talent, leadership, and a slew of accolades under her belt, Brady epitomizes the essence of a player to watch in the NCAA Regionals, where she aims to lead the Bruins to glory and cement her legacy as one of the most formidable players in collegiate softball.

Nijaree Canady, P, Stanford Cardinal

Nijaree Canady (Stanford Cardinal Softball)

Nijaree Canady, a rising star for the Stanford Cardinal softball team, is undeniably a player to keep a close watch on in the forthcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. Canady showcases remarkable pitching skills, boasting an ERA of 0.50 and recording 256 strikeouts this season alone. Her prowess on the mound adds an extra layer of versatility to her game, making her a formidable opponent for any lineup. Moreover, Canady’s defensive prowess and leadership on the field further solidify her importance to the team’s overall performance. Throughout her illustrious career, Canady has earned numerous accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an All-American. With her exceptional skill set, stellar track record, and unwavering determination, Canady epitomizes the essence of a player to watch in the NCAA Regionals, where she aims to lead the Cardinal to victory and further cement her legacy as one of the premier pitchers in collegiate softball.

Claire Davidson, OF, Duke Blue Devils

Claire Davidson (Duke Blue Devils Softball)

Claire Davidson, a standout pitcher/outfielder for the Duke Blue Devils softball team, emerges as a player to watch closely in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With an impressive .428 batting average and a notable 17 home runs this season, Davidson showcases her prowess as a formidable offensive threat. Her ability to deliver clutch hits and drive in runs consistently has been instrumental in Duke’s success on the field. Additionally, Davidson’s defensive skills, particularly her speed and agility in the outfield, add a crucial dimension to her game. Over the course of her career, Davidson has amassed a collection of accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an All-American. Her leadership both on and off the field further underscores her importance to the Blue Devils’ lineup. 

Jocelyn Erickson, C, Florida Gators

Jocelyn Erickson (Florida Gators Softball)

Jocelyn Erickson, a standout player for the Florida Gators softball team, commands attention as a player to closely watch in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With an impressive .389 batting average and a formidable 12 home runs this season, Erickson exemplifies sheer offensive dominance. Her consistent ability to produce runs and deliver clutch hits has been pivotal in the Gators’ success on the diamond. Additionally, Erickson’s defensive prowess as a versatile infielder adds depth to her impact on the game. Throughout her illustrious career, Erickson has garnered numerous accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an All-American. Her leadership on and off the field further solidifies her importance to the Gators’ lineup.

Tiare Jennings, SS, Oklahoma Sooners

Tiare Jennings (Oklahoma Sooners Softball)

Tiare Jennings, a standout player for the Oklahoma Sooners softball team, is unquestionably a player to watch closely in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With a remarkable .368 batting average and an astonishing 19 home runs this season, Jennings showcases her prowess as an offensive powerhouse. Her ability to consistently deliver clutch hits and drive in runs has been instrumental in the Sooners’ dominance on the field. Additionally, Jennings’ defensive skills as a reliable infielder add further depth to her impact on the game. Throughout her illustrious career, Jennings has amassed an impressive collection of accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an All-American. Her leadership both on and off the field further underscores her importance to the Sooners’ lineup. She also was just named a finalist for USA Softball Player of the Year. As the NCAA Regionals approach, all eyes will be on Jennings as she looks to lead Oklahoma to another National Championship.

Karlyn Pickens, P, Tennessee Lady Volunteers

Karlyn Pickens (Tennessee Lady Volunteers Softball)

Karlyn Pickens, a standout pitcher for the Tennessee Volunteers softball team, emerges as a player of significant interest in the forthcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With an impressive ERA of 1.26 and an astounding 186 strikeouts this season, Pickens showcases her prowess as a dominant force on the mound. Her ability to consistently shut down opposing offenses and deliver crucial strikeouts has been instrumental in the Volunteers’ success on the diamond. Additionally, Pickens’ leadership and composure under pressure further solidify her importance to the team’s overall performance. Throughout her illustrious career, Pickens has garnered numerous accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an All-American. Her exceptional pitching prowess, combined with her track record of excellence, makes her a player to watch in the NCAA Regionals as she aims to lead Tennessee to victory with her unparalleled talent, unwavering determination, and a history of success in collegiate softball.

Karli Spaid, IF, Miami (Ohio) RedHawks

Karli Spaid (Miami RedHawks Softball)

Karli Spaid, a standout player for the Miami RedHawks softball team, emerges as a player to keep a close eye on in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With an impressive .426 batting average and a remarkable 36 home runs this season, Spaid showcases her prowess as a formidable offensive threat. Her ability to consistently deliver key hits and drive in runs has been instrumental in the RedHawks’ success on the field. Additionally, Spaid’s versatility as both an outfielder and infielder adds depth to her impact on the game. Throughout her career, Spaid has earned multiple accolades, including All-Conference selections and recognition as an Academic All-American. Her leadership on and off the field further underscores her importance to the RedHawks’ lineup.

Sara Vanderford, IF, Texas State Bobcats

Sara Vanderford (Texas State Bobcats Softball)

Sara Vanderford, a standout player for the Texas State Bobcats softball team, emerges as a player of immense interest in the upcoming 2024 NCAA Regionals. With a remarkable .360 batting average and an impressive 11 home runs this season, Vanderford showcases her prowess as a potent offensive force. Her consistent ability to produce runs and deliver clutch hits has been instrumental in the Bobcats’ success on the field. Additionally, Vanderford’s defensive skills as a reliable infielder add further depth to her impact on the game. Throughout her career, Vanderford has amassed a collection of accolades, including multiple All-Conference selections and recognition as an Academic All-American. Her leadership both on and off the field further underscores her importance to the Bobcats’ lineup. 

These players right here will make this years´ regionals, super regionals, and Women´s College World Series one to remember.