What to Expect from TTPD

The Tortured Poets Department is Taylor Swift´s new album and fans are having mixed feelings about it so far. She released this album on April 19th and then at 2 AM she released another set of songs for that album to have a total of 31 songs. All those songs added up to exactly two hours and two minutes and she released this at 2 AM so that was definitely not a coincidence. I mean this album can be compared to albums like folklore and evermore because of the slow pace nature of these songs. For some of the new swifties this isn’t going to be something they’ll love because a lot of these songs have meanings from her past relationships and can correlate to songs from her other albums. 

¨So Long London¨ is about her ex-boyfriend Joe Alwyn and in her ¨Lover¨ album she had a song called ¨London Boy¨. So you have to understand her past to get what her songs are saying. Regardless if you agree or not if her album has a pass you have to admit that she set some pretty high records with this one.

TTPD new album cover (Billboard)

On the first day it already had 313 million streams which is the most ever and within the first week she had 1.17 billion dreams just on Spotify. This album is different then the other ones because yes the songs are catchy but that wasn´t the main purpose of the album. It was to emphasize the emotions she was feeling and to let her fans hear that. Globally Taylor Swift had her songs all in the Top 10 Billboard charts 

When talking with my friend, Sarah Jackson, about this album she had a few things to say. She loved ¨how it was a calm refresher compared to the boppy hits she usually does but I did like even though the songs were slow I was still able to enjoy her in a different light.¨ I also asked about some of her favorite songs and she mentioned “Fortnight ” and “I Can Do It With A Broken Heart” because ¨they were just catchy and I will definitely be listening to them on repeat¨. 

Overall this album has been a smashing hit for fans and something that people have been waiting for. This album if not already will grow on people because of the difference compared to her older albums. While some fans may disagree this will be one of her most popular albums out there. This album will continue to grow in popularity and be bigger than what people expected. It definitely passed my expectations and was a rollercoaster of emotions for many of us while listening.